Transmission, Differential, & Clutch Repair in Surprise & Goodyear AZ
Your vehicles Transmission is a key component to the health and drivability of your vehicle. A vehicles Transmission is considered part of your Emissions system. Let’s say your torque converter clutch isn’t working your engine RPM’s will be too high and you’ll burn to much fuel. This will have an effect on the emissions your vehicle is putting out. It’s important for your transmission to work properly so you can get the correct estimated mileage per gallon and correct emissions out of the vehicle. If you have problems with your Transmission you may not pass an emissions test.
Almost every transmission out there is shifted electronically this is important because keeping the fluid from breaking down in the transmission can help protect the electronics. If you have broken down, grimy bad fluid, it is not good for the internal wiring harness or electronics in your transmission.
If you notice a leak, we recommend contacting and scheduling your vehicle to be checked over and determine where the leak is coming from. A lot of transmissions don’t have dip sticks anymore so they’re not easy to check at home. Not only that but in some vehicles the ATF, Power Steering Fluid and coolant are all red in color so the color of the fluid may mislead you about what is actually leaking.
Just like your engine and air conditioner, your transmission should always be serviced be by a trained Technician who knows the ins and outs of your vehicle and how to perform the services correctly. Our recommendation is to have your transmission fluid exchanged, not serviced, at least every 30,000 to 60,000 miles.
Another common issue that we see is transmissions overheating here in Arizona. On most vehicles the coolant in your cooling system is what takes the heat out of your transmission fluid in the transmission cooler. If you have a problem with your coolant it can in-turn cause your transmission to overheat.
Here are signs that you have a transmission, Differential, and/or clutch issue:
- Shifting hard
- Check Engine Light
- Knocking or clunking noise
- Coolant leak
Transmission Fluid Exchange or Transmission Flush
Transmission Fluid Exchange Process
- Our trained Technician will hook your vehicle up to our Transmission Fluid Exchange Machine
- The Fluid Exchange machine does not produce any pressure and it’s not introducing any harmful detergents or anything harmful to your system. While the vehicle is running and the transmission is moving fluid the Fluid Exchange machine acts as a transfer pump, collecting the old ATF and putting in the exact same amount of fresh ATF under the exact same pressure.
- During this process our Technician evaluates the Flow and Pressure to verify it meets required specifications for your vehicle. If Flow and Pressure are not within required specifications it is a good indication to us there may be internal problems.
- We use factory required/recommended ATF or better for your vehicle. We will NEVER use poor quality ATF on any vehicle, we take great pride in our work and we go the extra mile to look into what ATF is appropriate for your vehicle.
A Transmission Fluid Exchange replaces 90-95% if not more of the ATF in your Transmission.
- Dropping the Transmission Pan
- Replace the filter
- Replacing the gasket if needed
- Filling up transmission with proper amount of ATF
If you only have a Transmission Service done, you’re replacing less than 50% of the dirty fluid in your vehicle. Which means your Transmission fluid is not clean basically all you’ve done is added a small amount of fresh clean ATF into your vehicle.
A Transmission Service may still be recommended on occasion if you are vigilant with your maintenance, and if your filter, fluid and pan all look good and within clean guidelines. Our trained technicians will evaluate your vehicle and only recommend what is best for your vehicle.
Champs Family Automotive Recommends
We ALWAYS recommend staying on top of your Preventative maintenance which includes having your Transmission Fluid Exchange done every 30,000-60,000 miles. Please keep in mind there are key factors that can drastically reduce this time frame. For instance, if you are towing or hauling around heavy weight. Mileage and maintenance schedules are guidelines on when you should have maintenance done. Every time you bring your vehicle in for services fluids should always be checked just to evaluate the quality and condition of your vehicle. If you end up low on ATF for instance you could have a leak which could cause major problems in the future if you are not aware of the situation.
Why you should choose Champs Family Automotive for your Transmission maintenance, repairs/replacement
- Champs family Automotive uses factory required/recommended ATF or better for your vehicle
- Differential are typically serviced the same way as a regular transmission but some Differential require you to change the fluid in the gears as well. Our trained and experienced Technicians at Champs Family Automotive will be able maintenance your vehicle accurately and efficiently.
- There are also some vehicles that have External Filters for their Transmission. A lot of shops do not know to check for this additional filter or where it is under the vehicle. If this filter becomes clogged your vehicle will actually bypass your external filter and go directly to your filter in your transmission. While yes you do have a separate filter in your transmission it’s best to keep all your filters clean, all this can do is help
Champs Family Automotive is your one-stop repair shop for all makes and models. We are able to service all-wheel drive, four-wheel drive and front wheel drive vehicles or Differential. Differential also require regularly scheduled maintenance which we are happy to take care of for you. Differential are typically serviced the same way as a regular transmission but some Differential that require you to change the fluid in the gears as well. Our trained and experienced Technicians at Champs Family Automotive will be able maintenance your vehicle accurately and efficiently.
Clutch Repair Services from Qualified Professionals in Surprise & Goodyear AZ
Champs Family Automotive is proud to call itself the clutch repair shop in Surprise and Goodyear, AZ you’ve been looking for. We understand that when your clutch is going out, it’s a stressful vehicle situation. Any time your vehicle fails to shift smoothly, you’re no doubt reminded of the high costs and major work associated with transmission failure. The best way to avoid that fate is to call Champs Family Automotive right away for a vehicle evaluation. They have the skills and expertise to provide you with a proper diagnosis, a fair estimate for your repair, and state of the art repairs including transmission and clutch repairs.
So if you’re out there Googling “clutch installation near me” in Goodyear, AZ and “clutch repair near me” in Surprise, AZ, look no further: Champs Family Automotive has the qualified and experienced professionals you need to keep your vehicle running smooth.
The Specialists You Need, The Expertise Your Demand
At Champs Family Automotive, we ensure that all our service technicians undergo continuing education to make sure they’re fully equipped to work on all the latest technology used by today’s vehicles, as well as any make or model you bring to us.
With more than 15 years of serving the Surprise and Goodyear, AZ area, Champs Family Automotive prides itself on our reputation as fair and honest. We’ve won awards for ethical business practices, and we assure you that when you trust us with your clutch repair job, you’ll pay a fair price for a quality clutch repair. So, if you’re looking to have highly skilled work done at a fair and straightforward price, don’t hesitate to reach out today! Give us a call today for Surprise at 623.376.6791 and for Goodyear at 623.882.8200.